In order to join Geelong Freedivers, you must also be a member of the Australian Underwater Federation (AUF), which will provide you with indemnity insurance, and a level of sports injury insurance, when partaking in club activities.
The AUF is the Australian Government recognised peak sporting body for underwater activities (such as spearfishing, snorkeling, etc), and also provide a political voice to spearfishing, working with, and lobbying, Government and other fishing bodies to provide, promote, and manage access to the fisheries we all enjoy.
If you wish to become a member, please follow the steps below:
- Complete your Australian Underwater Federation membership application (if you are already a member of an AUF affiliated spearfishing club you can skip this step)
- Select “Spearfishing Vic” as the State Commission
- Select “Geelong Freedivers” as the Club, and click “Next”
- Select the level of membership you require (eg. “Senior member”)
- Confirm that you have read the AUF Terms and Conditions, and click “Next”
- Fill out all your details
A club committee member will then will set up your access to this webpage, and send an email outlining the information on how to access the club’s resources. This may take a few days so don’t worry if you don’t see anything until the weekend.
If you are a member of an existing AUF club, but would still like to participate in Geelong Freedivers activities, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your AUF membership number, and we can organise your Geelong Freedivers Inc. Membership for the cost of club membership only (Senior: $20).
There are a number of membership levels available. Only those who wish to dive with the club need a full membership. Supporters who wish to access the clubs resources such as access to the map of Victorian dive sites, the Spearfishing Introduction Handbook, meeting presentations, and the clubs’ Members-only Facebook page but not dive in GFD, VSC, or AUF events need only a social membership.